Journal Entry

9 January 2019 Wednesday

Had a great day at my new job and was excited to learn and be a part of the team. Got off at 1:00 pm because I had an appointment at 2:00 pm at the VA Clinic. I was heading this way my "Change Engine Oil Soon" notification came on so I decided not to drive it anymore and I rescheduled my appointment. I made an appointment tomorrow to get my oil changed at Matt's Auto Body in Crozet where Bruce works. So I was in a good mood and cleaning and organizing when I get a text from Adrianne that said, "Thank you Aiden! We really appreciate you being here today! After some reflection we decided to have a few other applicants work before we commit to fully hiring our next team member. If you can please send us your mailing address, we will mail you a check for your hours. With the kindest regards, Adrienne". So what the hell, I need to not overthink about this. Ugh!

Meanwhile I sat there overthinking about it and came to the only conclusion that I could. Maybe my cooking skills weren't good enough. Maybe I am just better a Prep Cook than an actual Cook. Maybe I didn't jump in and dive right in like everyone else seemed to be doing. OR, just maybe it was because I was what everyone considers "TRANSGENDER" and considering the area or what I seem to think of the area, maybe it's because they are Republican and against anyone in the LGBTQ Community. The last one was my guess. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be and I don't think I really fit in anyways with them.

Comments

Popular Posts